Those Lazy Days of (Unofficial) Summer
Memorial Day kicks off the summer season for most of us, although that doesn't mean the same thing to all people.
Scott Hutcheson thinks no matter your circumstances when it comes to the warm-weather months, cooking is pretty much the same to everyone.
Chili Mango Salsa
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced, seeded Serrano chili
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and fresh-cracked black pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and cool in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Will keep for a couple days in the fridge but is best when made and eaten on the same day. Serve on fish, chicken, or scoop up with tortilla chips.